[OM] Re: E-1 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:02:12 -0700

On May 10, 2004, at 7:25 AM, Evan Ruff wrote:

> Exactly how hefty does the E1 feel compared to, oh, say an OM-4T with a
> 100/f2.8 on it? I handled a D70 with one of the new Digital Nikkors on
> it
> and it just felt so HUGE.

Well, here is where the 4/3 hype falls apart. There is very little
difference in size between an E-1 and a D100. An E-1 is slightly bigger
than a D70 and weighs more. On the other side all the digitals have a
better grip.

You might try a Pentax if size is paramount. Even though it is the
smallest DSLR it still feels a bit thick next to an OM, but the weight
is about right..

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA