[OM] Re: foxes

Subject: [OM] Re: foxes
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:28:36 -0700
No foxes but have seen coyotes running up the center of the road I live on.
There is a palm tree across the street that has a nesting pair of Red tail
Hawks in it.  From the sound of it they have some chicks but they are
nesting so far deep in palm leaves I can only hear them.  There are several
other pairs in general area too.  It has been a few years since the local
mountain lion was appearing in a Mobil home park and making off with some
of the inhabitants small animals.  Oh I live  in Riverside Ca.

kidding!  Please don't jump on me!  You know how sensitive I can be.

> We have foxes in our back yard occasionally, but the only "outdoors" our
cats ever get is on the deck.  Coyotes are becoming a problem around here,
though, regularly scarfing up cats and small dogs.  We just shoot them.
It's open season year-round. (There's actually a bounty, but nobody ever
bothers to collect it.)  They should have stayed on the other side of the
Mississippi.  And so should those nasty, stinking armadillos, which we
jokingly refer to as "possum on the half shell."

mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"