[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:37:58 -0700
I generally agree. However, I haven't pointed this out for a while, so I
will repeat myself.

The E-1 has an anti-aliasing filter which limits the resolution that
gets to the sensor. Later E series bodies are projected to go as high as
12mp sensors. The new lenses are designed for this level of sensor
resolution. We will not know whether and by how much the NEW digital
lenses outperform our OM lenses until the higher resolution sensors
become available. In the meantime, there is no reason to expect the OM
lenses not to perform well with the 5mp E-1. It is actually possible
that tech folks at Oly already know that the OM lenses will generally
underperfom with high mp 4/3 sensors.

Still not reason to my mind to be so weird about adapters, but at least
a not completely foolish or greedy reason. Truth is that most who buy an
E-1 to use with OM lenses will end up like Skip, with several new AF
lenses and using the mf lenses for macro and other special purposes. So
the availability of the adapter helps sales.

Moose