[OM] Re: ( OM) difficult to photograph - rabies

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM) difficult to photograph - rabies
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:07:00 +0100
My brother, at the age of about 15 had the full 16 injections after he
was bitten by a mongoose.  Our parents bought the mongoose in the
marked in Calcutta and it died soon after biting him.

The injections were particularly unpleasant because they went into the
stomach muscle; not as unpleasant as the disease, also called
hydrophobia.

Chris

On 11 May 2004, at 13:02, Brian Swale wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> To refresh my memory, I did a little Google search on rabies. Seems it
> is a
> virus that is always fatal to people unless you have been inoculated
> first.
> There may be some remedies after a bite though.
>
> Thank goodness NZ is free of it - never had it.  Here are 4 URLs -
> look at the
> maps on the first? one  Brian
> http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/rabies/
> http://www.cdc.gov/travel/diseases/rabies.htm