[OM] Re: OM4Ti meter Vs OM1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4Ti meter Vs OM1 meter
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:19:00 -0700

On May 11, 2004, at 3:26 AM, James Royall wrote:

> I think the CWA metering behaviour you experienced was normal. I looked
> into it a few months ago for my OM2n and discovered that the weighting
> is basically a horizontal strip down the middle section of the field of
> view (in landscape orientation). This would tally with what you got
> from the '4TI. I'm sure someone will be able to give a more accurate
> answer and remember where the picture is of the CWA pattern.
>
> James

Almost all metering systems are designed to operate with the camera in
the horizontal position, even the sophisticated matrix systems. The
metering patterns don't make any sense when the camera is held for a
vertical view. Some meter needles don't work properly in that position
because of gravity. Meter horizontally. Then frame your picture.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA