[OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images

Subject: [OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:49:45 -0600
Hi Scott:

What's a typewriter? Seriously, it's great you are enjoying it, technology
does advance, so when do you jump in? Maybe I'm hung up by my 'new car
theory'. I always buy new cars, finding that after the initial expense,
selling and buying another is not that much different than buying and
selling used. I like the warranty, service , breakin and surety- but - I was
advised 'never buy a new model in its first year of production' referring to
the trial and error, flaws, etc. I stretch that to 2 years and have applied
what little discipline I have to stick to this. It has been good advice,
generally the flaws have not only surfaced, but been dealt with by the 3rd
year, but also the improvements have 'kicked in' ie, my 3rd model year car
has a better stereo, console, suspension, more power- same money etc. etc. -
What am I saying? Sure I'm gonna jump in, but like cliff diving I'm content
to let someone else go first and (and second) and have all the glory. What
do I get then? I get to ask if there were any rocks in the water. Enjoy,
save a few pixels for us who don't use the medium, but we're not waiting in
the wings, we're 'taking pictures' - typing really.

Gord