[OM] Re: Anyone got a 1-13 screen for sale?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone got a 1-13 screen for sale?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:01:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/04 3:06:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am amazed that my 2-13 screen was not scratched during installation.
> It was not an easy process for me, not a simple pop out, pop in
> process. It sort of killed my interest in experimenting with other
> screens.

An opinion by perhaps one of the least adept amateur Olympus repair (maybe
that word is despair) persons.  Although not so dumb to not know that I have 5
thumbs on each hand, I do have abundant opinions.  This is a gift I share with
many on this list.  Now the opinion.  Once one has successfully completed this
operation, it is a piece of cake.  The only snag I've experienced is when the
foam has been replaced and the repair person either got the piece of foam
that abuts to the screen release tab either misaligned or overly thick,
obscuring
the little piece you have to depress to get the screen and its holder to
release.  Like riding a bicycle, once learned, you don't forget.  Bill Barber