[OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images -- Update

Subject: [OM] Re: Anomalies in E-1/OM Images -- Update
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:08:34 -0400
Did you shoot raw or jpeg, and what was the sharpening set to?
I wonder what sharpening does if you have pixel mapping, where
dead pixels are mapped over with interpolation? Raw does not
sharpen, unless you do it in post processing. Most forms of sharpening
will over shoot around tonal transitions. If there was a bug in the
software, it might try sharpening around a dead pixel (not likely,
just a thought). Or it could be overshoot in the interpolation around
a dead pixel???

Wayne