[OM] Re: Phase One Software

Subject: [OM] Re: Phase One Software
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:26:47 -0500
There's been a LOT of speculation about "the next E camera" from Olympus.  What
I believe is that Olympus will introduce a substantially lower priced body soon
and name it differently, i.e., E-100.

The next pro-spec body is likely not to appear until next year.  what will we
see?  Higher pixel counts?  Faster speeds?  I doubt whether they'll obsolete
the E-1 so quickly.  I haven't heard that Kodak has a next generation FFT chip
out for them to use, so I'll expect that they will try to compete with the
D-Rebel, D70, and *ist-D on a budget body.

E-2?  Well, if they have an E-2 planned, it's interesting that they only
registered trademarks and logos for the E-1 and E-3.

Skip