[OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films int

Subject: [OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:45:00 +0100 (BST)
> How much time do you want to spend scanning the photos you have taken,
> versus the time you have to take them in the first place?  High resolution
> scanning is, in my experience, a slow job done frame by frame.  If you are
> talking of numbers of photos sufficient to justify the capital outlay on a
> GBP1500 scanner (my guess - say 200 films), then you must be prepared to
> spend 15 weeks full-time scanning them (another wild guess at 5 mins per
> scan for 200*36 scans, assuming a forty hour 'working' week).
>
> No value judgements implied/intended/to be inferred here, merely trying to
> put a different perspective on things.  And of course, you wouldn't
> actually
> scan everything for yourself.

I was thinking more along the lines of about 300 or a little more for a
scanner with automatic feed for negatives and just let it do its thing. If
it takes a couple of hours to scan the roll I don't care! (until it jams)
I agree its not worth the trouble if you have to scan each slide manually.
regards
James