[OM] Re: angenieux film camera lens..anyone want?

Subject: [OM] Re: angenieux film camera lens..anyone want?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:39:35 -0700
on 5/13/04 11:06 PM, Siddiq at iddibhai@xxxxxxx wrote:

> While cleaning at work, I ran across an angenieux (sp?) lens for film
> cameras (i think 16mm), a constant aperture f/2.8 15-150mm with geared
> focus/zoom/iris controls, motors attached. I told my boss all about this
> company, how they used to make some cult lenses, etc etc, and he said he
> was tossing it, and if i wanted i could take it. so i did. if any of you
> have use for this, lemme know, and you can have it for the price of
> shipping. glass is clean, one thumb smudge on front, barrel could use a
> little cleaning, etc. I can take pics for you. if no one claims, then off
> to the dump it goes (pity, since it looks so nice).
>
> mount is a screw type, looked like, and has a generic german made 2x t/c
> screwed on the back too (which is why the rear element is so clean!
>
> lemme know. it also had type 10x20B or something on the barrel. more
> details if you want 'em.
>
> --
> /S
> aim:iddibhai
> icq:104079359
> email/msn:msidd004atstudentdotucrdotedu

I've been thinking about messing around with coupling something like this to
a cheapo digital camera body/sensor... if you haven't found any other takers
I'll pay the shipping to get it to me... Seems a shame to throw something
like that out... and I think I still have a -little- space in my living room
somewhere <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...