[OM] Re: An out-of-date comment on Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: An out-of-date comment on Digital
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 10:50:41 -0400
To get the 3 frames a second, you have to set the drive mode.
Continous auto-focus probably slows it down, since it does a new
focus every time you press the shutter, etc. The drive mode button
is left of the viewfinder. Press that, rotate selector to until you see
[[[]]] type indication in the top LCD. In normal drive mode, with either
continuos or single auto-focus, the camera will not fire unless
focus is locked (which you can override with an option). Hence,
if you press the shutter, it triggers auto-focus, then fires. In continuos
drive mode (different than focus mode) the camera fires as
long as the shutter is pressed. If you then use continuos autofocus,
you could get auto-focus delays. In single auto-focus with continuos
drive mode, you press the shutter, camera locks focus and then
just fires away at 3fps.

The cards have no effect on the speed of the 12 frame buffer in the
camera, only the amount of time to ship it off to the flash card and
clear the internal buffer.