[OM] Re: [E1] Macro with E-1, 50-200mm and extension tube

Subject: [OM] Re: [E1] Macro with E-1, 50-200mm and extension tube
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:20:24 -0400
OK, I have done some more macro stuff with the E-1. If you use the
50-200mm lens with 25mm extension tube, you can get the maximum
magnification using the zoom set to 200mm and use the focus control.
Before I mentioned using the zoom control for focus, which works fine
for the most part, but for maximum magnification and maximum working
distance, set the lens to 200mm and use the focus control. Here is
another shot of the bleeding heart with lens set to 200mm, F9, 1/2
second exposure. These shots have been converted to sRGB for better web
display.

<C:\photo\post\E1\_5161122_srgb_800x600.jpg> - 800x600
<C:\photo\post\E1\_5161122_srgb.jpg> - full resolution

Here was one of the first sets of photos with the E-1, handheld using
the 14-54mm lens. I was not looking through the viewfinder, but just
held the camera close to the subject. Most of the attempts failed, but
this was the best lucky shot using auto-focus. With the 14-54mm lens,
you have to hold the camera quite close to the subject.

<C:\photo\post\E1\_5110493.jpg>

Oh, and one last macro, really looks like bleeding heart bleeding.

<C:\photo\post\E1\_5161105_800x600.jpg> - 800x600
<C:\photo\post\E1\_5161105.jpg> - full resolution

... and one more, to show what a macro photographer has to deal with:
<http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161110._800x600jpg.jpg>

Wayne