[OM] Re: Comet was Re: Transit of Venus/Exposure

Subject: [OM] Re: Comet was Re: Transit of Venus/Exposure
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:24:51 +1200
At 3:23 +0200 17/5/04, "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas"
<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It's called NEAT (Comet C/2001 Q4). I took several shots (all without
>tracking -- just a tripod) on the EOS300D, mostly with the Zuiko 85/2, plus
>some with Zuiko 28/2 and Tamron 200/3.5. Here are a few samples; some are
>1:1 crops from the original 3072x2048 file, and the rest are downsized
>versions of the full pics. Unless otherwise indicated, the only PS
>processing was a (constant) gamma correction (1.41)

Nice astro pics.

I am thinking of gettting an EOS300D (here called the Digital Rebel).

Can you talk about how you adapted your Olympus lenses to it, please?

I have a number of Oly tele lenses which would be useful: 85mm f/2,
180mm f/2.8, 300mm f/4.5.

Do you use your Oly lenses on the EOS for general photography as well
as astrophotography? If so, how do you handle the camera's
expectations for an electronic lens connection and responses?

TIA and regards,

--
Cheers from the Antipodes,

Michael Kopp