[OM] Re: Comet was Re: Transit of Venus/Exposure

Subject: [OM] Re: Comet was Re: Transit of Venus/Exposure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:25:11 -0700
Cc: mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx
One uses an adapter. They are available from
<http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm> in the US. They are made by
Kindai in Japan and also available from them. As exchange rates are now,
they are cheaper in the US from cameraquest. You will have to do your
own calculations. Contact is:

>  T. Masuda
>  Kindai International Inc.
>  E-mail : t.masuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Their web site is in Japanese. <www.kindai-inc.co.jp>

Metering must be done in manual or AP mode and the lens must be stopped down
manually. The adapter may be set (but reportedly not on the fly in the field)
to 2 modes:

1. The aperture opens and closes as you move the aperture ring. You must
compose and focus at shooting aperture or remember to stop down manually before
each shot.

2. The aperture stays open as you adjust the aperture ring. You must press the
DOF button to check exposure and when taking the shot.

I used the first mode when trying out a D60 with OM lenses. Works pretty well
for anything not moving very fast. You would also want at least 1 general
purpose mid-range AF zoom.

Moose