[OM] Re: Fw: Long exposure capability of OM2n

Subject: [OM] Re: Fw: Long exposure capability of OM2n
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:30:18 -0300
on 17/05/2004 00:44, Dado dela Cruz at dado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have an OM2n and would like to know if it's normal for the old OM2n's to be
> inconsistent with their long exposure capability.

Hola Dado,

I have some hand written notes about a comparison test I run on 1981 which
might be of interest. Then, I had my own OM2 and a friend's 2n, both new. I
used a red LED as a light source on an absolutely dark room. I had two 50mm
1.4: mine was a G.Zuiko and my friend's a Zuiko MC #over 1000000. Fresh
batteries on both cameras, tripod mounted and LED centered and focused on
split image. Hope to have put a piece of undeveloped film inside, honestly I
don't remember. Casio chronograph start and stop on mirror up and down
noise.
Test measured as follows:

OM2n
ASA100 @ f2.8
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
24.3 sec.           21.9 sec.
24.5 sec.           22.0 sec.
24.4 sec.           21.6 sec.

OM2
ASA100 @ f2.8
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
27.6 sec.           25.4 sec.
27.6 sec.           25.2 sec.
27.8 sec.           24.7 sec.

OM2n
ASA400 @ f5.6
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
21.4 sec.           18.1 sec.
21.2 sec.           17.7 sec.
21.4 sec.           17.9 sec.

OM2
ASA400 @ f5.6
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
19.9 sec.           18.2 sec.
19.9 sec.           18.1 sec.
19.6 sec.           17.9 sec.

Differences noticed when switching lenses led me to compare at full
aperture:

OM2n
ASA100 @ f1.4
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
8.1 sec.            7.3 sec.
8.1 sec.            7.2 sec.
8.0 sec.            7.2 sec.

OM2
ASA100 @ f1.4
Zuiko MC            G.Zuiko
11.3 sec.           10.1 sec.
11.2 sec.           10.0 sec.
11.2 sec.           09.9 sec.

Also have a set of measures of my own OM2/G.Zuiko showing exposure variation
at different ASA rating.

Regards,

Fernando.