[OM] Re: The joy of chimping-dirty little secret

Subject: [OM] Re: The joy of chimping-dirty little secret
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:27:54 +0200
Hi, Andrew, Wayne and all.

>Yes - I'd hang around with THAT group of chimps!

Hmmm... the joys of being a high-school teacher in an area of high
immigration rate ;-) ;-)

In fact, I was the only spaniard in that pic... BTW, although it doesn't
look so, the black 'chimps' are *taller* than I -- that's 6 ft.

>The 85/2 hood also suits the 40/2 so I doubt that it would vignette! I
>always wonder how on earth it can do those two effectively. How did it
>perform?

Focal (angle of view) & aperture aren't the only parameters for designing a
hood -- I'm not sure, but it must be something related with the position of
principal points etc.

It's difficult to tell how does a hood perform... it's easier to note the
*lack* of the hood, when flare arises ;-)

>By the way, I'm going to print a nice nude shot small enough to fit in
>the film top holder of my OM-3 so I can chimp too !

ROTFLOL!!!

Enjoy,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>