[OM] Re: The Stylus Epic

Subject: [OM] Re: The Stylus Epic
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:37:55 +0930
At 11:19 PM -0600 2004.05.20, Gordon J. Ross wrote:
>Hi All:
>
>A while back I said I would post some Flames shots with the Stylus Epic- the
>top 4, the ducks were with 4Ti and 180/2.8
>
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=399152

Interesting photos -- now I can see that hordes of people really do turn
out to see this strange game :) I like the feeling of the 3rd one esp.

Earlier today I came across this quote about the Stylus Epic:

"A review of the Olympus Stylus Epic by one of the photography magazines
earlier said the lens rated Excellent to Outstanding, with a tested lens
resolution of just under 90 lines/mm.  This is around 2x the resolution of
any lens below, and closer to those expensive Leicas, etc.  of high praise."

( http://medfmt.8k.com/usaf/ -- actually looking more closely at the
surrounding text I'm not sure if the author is confusing L/MM with LP/MM, but
it's an impressive result anyway)

It's a nice camera. Ours is out on loan at the moment -- must make
sure it comes back!

Andrew