[OM] Re: [OMCameras] Lens Brands

Subject: [OM] Re: [OMCameras] Lens Brands
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 07:16:16 -0400
on 2004/05/20 11:33 PM, Tom Trottier at tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Is there a resource where I can find out who makes the best lens for
>> different type lens? Macro, Zoom, Wide Angle, etc.
>
> Many. See
> http://www.photodo.com/nav/prodindex.html

Now that's an interesting list, new to me.

MTF isn't everything, sharpness and resolution aren't everything, but I was
surprised to see how poorly the OM lenses tested did against the same focal
lengths from Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Minolta. The 28/2 scored 2.6 against
about 4 for the others (eyeball average), and that's supposed to be one of
the sharpest. Only the 90/2 scored in the 4's.

Andrew