[OM] Re: Test scans from walt - minolta 5400

Subject: [OM] Re: Test scans from walt - minolta 5400
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 13:16:28 -0700
I thought we are more or less agreeing that above X DPI (X being 4000 or
thereabout), there aren't a whole lot more information you can get from
scanning. Further increases in DPI will give you --- better "details" of
the grain :-)

However, I wouldn't mind a 4000DPI scanner with huge Dynamic range.... the
LS-4000 is OK, but I bet it can be better. Imagine, suck in all the details
from slide/neg.... Ahhhh

use richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)