[OM] Beattie Screen ID

Subject: [OM] Beattie Screen ID
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:11:51 -0400
I have just got an OM-2n that came with a screen that I don't recognise. It
looks like a 1-3 screen with a large central spilt image, surrounding that
is what looks like a microprism area (either that or a circle around the
split image). The screen has no number on the tab either, the tab is in the
correct place. The seller had no information on the history of the screen in
the camera (it was a bargain BIN because the self timer screw had come
undone and they didn't know It was reverse threaded). The screen looks like
it might be fractionally thicker than an Olympus one. It seems a bit
brighter than a 1-13 but not a bright as my 2-13, there is a lack of 'grain'
in the matte area in comparison to a 1-13. Does anyone recognise this screen
from description? Did I get a fang ;) ?

Dan S.