[OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina AT-X 50-250 vs. OM 85-250
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:18:29 +0000
Why does everybody trash the Tamron 80-200/2.8 tripod mount?  It definitely is
not the best piece of engineering I have ever seen and is not as well designed
as the tripod mounts on the Zuikos, but it ain't all that bad either.  I have
no problem with mine.

I think way too many folks tighten down their tripod mounts way too much, and
that sort of foolishness can break the Tamron mount.  I keep all tripod
collars, Zuikos included, loose enough to push around the lens without having
to back off the clamping-down knob at all.  That way, you can get the
sharp-edged foot out of the palm of your hand when hand-holding, or you can
rotate the camera quickly when it's on a tripod without having to diddle with
the tripod head.

Walt, who likes to keep things loose

--
Everybody has a photographic memory.  Some people just don't have any film.