[OM] Re: Olympus moving to PA

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus moving to PA
From: Gary Edwards <zuikowarriors@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
Come on, Brian!  Maybe a camera or an oscilloscope (see Steve's message) but
not a jet fighter.  There was a group which bought a Northrop T-38 as scrap
after a student landed short of the runway; and eventually put it back in the
air.  Others have done similar rebuilds of Hawker Hunters, an F-104, etc.  But
you can't buy parts from fighter manufacturers unless you are an air force on
our good side.  These guys mostly got parts from scrap yards and surplus sales.
 OM content:  all of the above mentioned aircraft are handsome subjects for
OM-shot images. . .

Gary Edwards

Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

Then there's the story - I think it's true - came out about 8 - 10 years ago,
of
the California ? guy who bought all the bits separately and constructed and
flew a USA jet fighter - F16 or something (model is almost certainly wrong).

What a story of persistence.

Brian