[OM] Re: My new E-1 camera !!!

Subject: [OM] Re: My new E-1 camera !!!
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:19:46 -0400
At 06:53 PM 5/25/2004, Skip wrote:

>We're glad to be enablers for the next generation of Zuikoholics, E-types this
>time (I couldn't think of an SUV reference, but a Jaguar will do.)
>
>Now you'll have to save for the 11-22 and/or the 50-200.

and if you get 50-200mm, get the 25mm extension. The 50/2 although similar
FOV/35mm to a 100/2 on the OM, does not give you the working distance. Even with
the 14-54, you can focus quite close. The E-1 is optimized for the telephoto
end of things, so get the OM adapter and add a 200mm/f4 to get equivalent  400mm
FOV/35mm.

The 25mm extension, because of the way internal focus shortens focal length,
with the 50-200mm lens does not give much variation in magnification.
When zoomed to shorter focal lengths, for which extension should give higher
magnification, you have to remove the lens shade to get close enough to the
subject. while at the long end, 200mm, you get much more working distance
with MF set to close focus. With this shot I was zoomed to 158mm + 25mm
extension:
http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161110._800x600.jpg
while in this shot, zoomed to 200mm:
http://www.zuik.net/E1/_5161105_800x600.jpg

I would be curious to know how well the 50/2 macro works for you.
Can you give us some example shots?

Wayne