[OM] Re: Shoe 4

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:23:13 -0700
So it gets little cracks, it still works.

Moose

farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Yeah great! Why make a removable shoe anyway?!?

I don't recall anybody who made built in hot shoes back then. They
changed with the 2S, 3 and 4 series bodies. I rather like the design, as
I don't do flash with the OM-1 and it looks better without a shoe.

>Are they the only manufacturer that designed something like this?

Nik*n made an odd, but solid metal shoe hot shoe that slipped over the
rewind knob of early mechanical Fs. Just a hot shoe contact, to TTL
flash contact, not he 3 needed for flash ready indication and TTL OTF
flash. I've seen a metal one for Pentax that only held the flash, no
contacts at all. I'm sure there were all sorts of solutions by many
manufacturers over many years.