[OM] Re: Reverse lens questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Reverse lens questions
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:19:47 -0400
BTW, though perhaps many know it...

What one is doing is installing a high-quality, well-corrected, high-diopter
closeup lens (roughly quoting John Shaw, Closeups in Nature). The supposed
advantage over a single conventional macro lens is that the aperture is
located much closer to the film this way (in the primary lens), so there is
less diffraction. For this reason using the reversed lens' aperture might be
counterproductive.

A 50mm lens is a +20 diopter (diopter = 1000mm/F).

I should try my 28/3.5, though that might be too dark.

Interesting idea: If I were to couple two 50/1.4s and put them on the
bellows, I should have a symmetric 25/0.7 - surely that can't be right. I
think I'm having a mad scientist attack. :-)

Andrew