[OM] Re: Shoe 4

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 13:27:35 -0300
on 26/05/2004 00:12, Ali at farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Why do the "obligatory" cracks occur in the OLY accessory Shoe 4? Are these
> available or copies available new or without cracks?
You don't need to have a flash occasionally mounted on any shoe for it to
crack. Sooner or later it will crack would you only have it fixed on the
camera body. Same is true for the TTL adapters.
Tell me, that's why I found this list. And I still have the romantic idea
that someone will build metal shoes for OMs...

> Folks I am the proud owner of 5 (count 'em) OM series bodies and I picked up
> a nice 35-70 F3.6 Zuiko Lens. Is this Zuikoholism?
IMHO, zuikoholism is not measured by the amount of Olympus items you have
collected, but by the wisdom on your choices. A true zuikoholic buys what he
knows he'll need. Of course, one could ommit something: I always knew that I
needed a 1-10 focusing screen but never had the chance of buying one. I
always knew I needed a second Ex+ Black OM2 body but they keep slipping
away. And OTOH, you can by chance buy something you don't immagine would be
useful and then ask yourself how could you have lived without it.

But I live far from where these items are easily found, and hate to pay s&h
and import duties.

> Now I got to find some
> time to use them!!!
You will find it sooner if you don't search for it.
"Yo no busco, encuentro" is what Picasso used to say.

/F.