[OM] Puzzling Behaviour of my OM2n

Subject: [OM] Puzzling Behaviour of my OM2n
From: "Dado dela Cruz" <dado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:04:10 +0800
Hi All.

I am  a camera tinkerer and I must admit this became one of my hobbies,  I have
successfully overhauled my old OM1's and a number of my half frame Pen cameras
including the FT's.

Lately, I posted to the list about my problem on my OM2n regarding its
inconsistent low speed performance (Re: Long exposure capability of OM2n). I'm
very thankful to those who shared their comments and their experiences with
their own OM2n.

Now, I have an observation which is quite puzzling:

The defect of my Om2n is that its longest exposure time in Auto mode is only 5
seconds (Many reported that this should be at 3.5 min).

 I took out the camera's cover located below the mirror, thus exposing the
electronic PC board. If I touch with my bare finger one of the terminals of the
so called SW101 (the gold plated things located beside the leftmost SPD, that
is Silicon Photo Diode, with camera facing you) and then make another long
exposure test, the time goes to the normal 3.5 minutes.  However, this
condition is only temporary, after several hours, the exposure time will return
to only about 5 seconds.

Did anybody experience this one?  I'd like to have the camera restored to it's
normal 3.5 minutes long exposure capability and I suspect there is quick fix
(?) on this problem

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dado