[OM] Re: Limiting excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: Limiting excessive quoting
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:05:27 -0700
on 5/26/04 9:26 PM, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx at ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Frankly,
> Nothing personal, but... I'd like a little less of "this is the next Olympus
> digital lens I'm thinking of buying" threads. Whoop-eee. Shall we ALL post
> what lenses we all want to buy in the future? Seems like a waste of bandwidth
> me.
> (At least until the majority of listees are also E-1(2),(3) owners, and we do
> have a ways to go until then...)
>
> George S.

I'm always interested in hearing about the new E-series lenses once someone
actually has one and is using it. Someday, when I decide to go in the
digital arena in strength, I'll want to plan on getting more than just the
'first normal zoom' and having reference memories of posted images and user
impressions will help in making those 'next' lens selections.

By the time I'm ready to fill out an E-# lens selection there will probably
be as many available as there are OM Zuikos now... I'm still waiting for
some -fast- primes, especially in wide angle focal lengths. Perhaps when the
pixel count goes up they will introduce fast lenses to enable using lower
ISO settings to avoid noise problems. Something like an E-series 10mm f1.8
would be nice, equivalent to the 21.2.0 which is close to my favorite lens.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...