[OM] Re: WLTB Tamron mount

Subject: [OM] Re: WLTB Tamron mount
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 20:16:12 -0700
IanG wrote:

>I have a spare OM mount if nobody else can provide.
>
>Unless some kind person can find me a Tamron Canon EOS EF adapter I also
>have a couple of spare lenses :-(.

You can make a Tamron  ==> EOS adapter rather easily with an M42
Adaptall and the right version of an M42 ==> EOS adapter. The trick is
to get an M42 ==> EOS adapter that presses the stop-down pin on the
lens, otherwise, the lens is always open, with no way to stop it down.
Take a look at this closed auction to see what I mean
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3813141933&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1>.The

cost is way less than the one piece EOS adaptall and more flexible,
since you can then also use M42 lenses on the Can*n too. I got the 2
pieces for under $50.

>The Kindai EOS adapter works well for Zuikos but is not effective when going
>EOS > Zuiko adaptall > Tamron.

I don't see how it would not work. I have a hand made brass adapter, but
it looks just like the picture of the Kindai. With the stop-down screw
in the adapter, the Tamrons simply stop down to the aperture selected
with the aperture ring, just like the Zuikos do. Without the stop-down
screw, the little slide on the side of the Adaptall2 stops down the lens
just like the DOF button on an OM mount lens. The motion is different,
slide sideways vs. push in, but the effect is the same.

Of course, I have these adapters and no EOS, film or digital, how dumb
is that?

Moose