[OM] Re: Stop the insanity! (If you feel like it)

Subject: [OM] Re: Stop the insanity! (If you feel like it)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:36:31 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2004 12:16:51 AM Central Standard Time,
voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Some of my candidates might be the 2N, the 50/1.4, the T20 flash
(with faster film it may be all you need); and perhaps the 100/2.8
(considering the price relative to the 85/2).

I like each of yours and I'd probably list the OM 2 if you weren't
particularly interested in flash. I like the two lenses you mentioned and feel
the 50mm
f1.4 give a lot of bang for the buck, however if bang for the buck is the
criteria, I think you would have to include the 28mm f2.8, 35mm f2.8 and 135mm
f2.8.  Compare the price of the 35mm f2.8 and the 40mm f2 and tell me how the
price the 40mm demands, makes any sense.  The 200mm f4 would also be a
candidate
for the list.  If one is looking for an all around good walk around lens, the
35-105mm would make my list.  Two accessories I would put on the list would be
the Vivitar macro focusing teleconverter (2X) and a set of aftermarket auto
extension tubes. You really shouldn't pay any attention to anything I say, as I
think you should have it all, however the items I've mentioned can, in my
opinion, be real bargains in today's market.  Bill Barber