[OM] Re: ( OM ) enabling Zuikoholism to be more effective !!

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) enabling Zuikoholism to be more effective !!
From: Graham Battison <geebeephoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:36:07 +0200 (CEST)
>From : "Brian Swale"
Subject : [OM] ( OM ) enabling Zuikoholism to be more effective !!

Hi folks,

Having noticed that Graham Battison's photos are scanned really sharp, and
having found that he uses a HP Photosmart S20 (or something like that) film
scanner I looked around "that" auction site and found that because of their
antiquity they are not expensive. Still work well though, obviously.

Then I found there's an earlier version that requires a SCSI card. Suits me
because if I get that it means that I can have my daisy-chained HP 5L
laserJet printer as well as my A4-format flatbed printer all hooked up at the
same time. I think.

?30-bit instead of ?36-bit. Don't really know what that means but I'll find out
in time.

So, last night I hurried back from out in the country to catch the end of an
auction close at 6.41pm local time, and got this one.

4133548125

USD $22.50 + $52.15 for Airmail (weight = 11LB). Comes to about $115 NZ
dollars.

So, hopefully I should get some slightly sharper scans than in the past. The
wait begins.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Good luck!  If you need something to read while you are waiting I found this
page helpful and baffling in equal measure. I followed my usual pattern of
reading just enough to get me started and then forgot about the rest of the
article. I may take the time to re-read it to see if I can make sense of the
parts that baffled me when I first bought my HP20.

I use mine with Vuescan but I still have the original software if you need a
disc just drop me a line.

Graham
www.geebeephoto.com

--