[OM] TOPE 18 - back from Venezuela and 6 new entries

Subject: [OM] TOPE 18 - back from Venezuela and 6 new entries
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:49:13 +0200
Hola,

Well, I'm back from Venezuela, where I had a good time (though I wish I
would have had more time over there), and no: no coups (though I think
one is way overdue over there). :)
This time (the 5th time) finally proved to be the time that I managed to
go to Puerto Ayacucho, which is in the Amazon, smack on the Columbian
border (the movie "Dragonfly" with Kevin Costner was filmed in those
whereabouts). We had precious little time over there, so unfortunately
we couldn't go on an expedition into the dense jungle. Still, it's a
very nice area and apart from seeing the more accessible sights near
Puerto Ayacucho, we also went on a canoe trip on the immense Orinoco
river; cool! If anyone is interested in going there, be sure to contact
me, as I know ways now to considerably save on money when going there
(no, no, nothing illegal ;) ).

Then, back in The Netherlands, back to TOPE: over the vacation I
successfully received 6 entries, which I've just sent to the server.
Perhaps more people intended to send me an entry but they may not have
made it to the mail box if they were sent to the Hotmail address
(Hotmail has this nasty automatic mail removal functionality in case a
mailbox pverflows, which is exactly what has happened during my holiday
:( ).

In case you tried to send in a submission, and you don't see it online
now, please re-submit it.

Soooo, now that that's out of the way, go check out the latest entries
at: http://www.tope.nl/gallery.html

Tomorrow I will lift the anonimity, and final submissions will be
welcome for a further two more weeks or so (unless requested
specifically to be allowed to submit late).

Cheers!
Olafo