[OM] Re: T20 Questions

Subject: [OM] Re: T20 Questions
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:50:39 -0400
Thanks for the thoughts. But. . .

I've investigated a little further, and realized that BOTH of my
T20's make the "pip pip pip" sound, *but only when they are powered
by the Bounce Grip 2*.

So I think this must be by design. Perhaps the difference is that the
usual T20 power source is 2 AA's, giving 3 volts; so the 6 volts from
the bounce grip requires some extra circuit to keep the flash from
overcharging.

One quirk of the new T20 is that when using AA's, it makes a MUCH
louder whine; on the bounce grip it's much quieter. I guess that's
where it's going to stay permanently. . .

cheers,

  -- Ross

"Do something foolish once, and it's a mistake.
  Do it repeatedly and it's a philosophy."