[OM] Re: QA310 Flash Compatibility Questions

Subject: [OM] Re: QA310 Flash Compatibility Questions
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:33:24 +0100
OM-1 + Shoe 1, no TTL - correct.  Remote sensor optional - you can use the
flashgun's own sensor.

OM-2  + Shoe 2, full TTL, correct. Auto cord necessary for TTL with the
Bounce Grip 1, also correct.

Shoe 4 is designed for T-series flashguns.  Shoe 1 is for the QA310 - but
Shoe 1 won't fit the OM-1n.  I guess that Shoe 4 is your only option,
although you will not be using the additional contacts on Shoe 4.  TTL Auto
is not possible on any OM-1 or OM-1n with any flashgun.  Nor is it possible
with the QA310 on an OM-2n, as far as I can see (because there is no
suitable shoe).

No flash auto-check light?  Sounds like you might have got yourself a
problem there - I would take it up with the store you bought it from - ask
for a repair or refund. ;-)

Piers