[OM] Re: [OT] (very) Praktisix, Pentaco, Kiev

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] (very) Praktisix, Pentaco, Kiev
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:04:45 +0200
Andrew Fildes schrieb:
> Anyone on list got a Praktisix, Pentacon 6 or Kiev 6/60?

Kiev 6C :) (and Araxified Kiev88)....

> Anyway the Tamron fans don't get to talk about 'heavy' lenses until
> they've lifted a Zeiss Olympia Sonnar 180/2.8 (strewth!).

;) Don't know that one, but have you tried the Orestegor 4/300?
I can handhold the camera with it for about 5 seconds before I get
muscle trembling (it's 2.1 kg :))

> And even if you don't - does a medium format 180mm translate to a
> longer focal length on 35mm? (Like the 35mm lenses 'stretch' on an E1
> or 10D)

Yes - it *shrinks - multiply by 0.6 :)
This is always a bit confusing. A 180 is a 180 is a 180. So if you put
it on your 35mm, it will still be a 180.
If you put it on your Pentacon/Kiev, because you capture a bigger circle
(bigger negative), you'll have a picture about like one taken with your
35mm and 108mm lens (180 x 0.6).
If you put your 180 sonnar on your E-1 it will be like 360 (multiply by
2) on 35mm, because of the smaller sensor.

cheers
:Doro