[OM] Re: Re: Re: [OT] (very) Praktisix, Pentaco, Kiev

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Re: [OT] (very) Praktisix, Pentaco, Kiev
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:16:50 +1000
There's an OM adaptor! Neat - I can get it on topic after all!
Where'dya get it?
I have an EOS adapter on order so that I can use it on my RT but having
trouble with the idea that it stays at 180mm on 35mm - surely the
smaller frame 'captures' a section from the centre rather than the
whole frame. Except that I notice that the adapters throw it forward a
little and so may cause a perspective shift. Could be fun on the 10D -
we'll see. Frankly I'm a bit nervous that it would simply rip the mount
out of a new plastic wonderbrick like a cheaper EOS!
here's the beast -
http://www.cameraquest.com/olymp180.htm
Note the brilliant tripod mount.
AndrewF