[OM] Re: E-1 discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 discussion
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:52:43 +0200

I've been following this thread with great interest.  I'm close to going
digital and deciding between an E-1 and a D70.  (Assuming I can't wait for
an E(n+1) !  (Of course the OM4 stays...)

It started to get a bit hot, but Joe Gwinn concluded:
>At the end of the day, we want
>to know which technical issues really matter, and how does the story
>change for different kinds of subjects, and for various photographers.

Well said joe!  I think we can all agree to that.

My particular wish is to produce prints without having to tweak the colours
- I have some colour-blindness so I want to be able to turn out a print
that my wife won't criticise, however it looks to my crooked vision.  The
test prints I have downloaded from the web or received on CD from other
enabling list members have been printable directly, likewise those out of
my P&Sdigi.  But the experiences you're all reporting (I know you're trying
to screw the last ounce out of the camera) scare me a bit.  Even I can see
a distinct difference between the two versions of CH's flower - on this
laptop LCD I prefer the 'neutral' one (fwiw).

Maybe I should switch to B&W film...

thanks - and keep up the search for the Holy Grail (the audiophiles have a
similar quest... do they sell magic dots for cameras?)
Jez