[OM] Re: OT: comments on Stylus Digital 410?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: comments on Stylus Digital 410?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:13:50 -0700
The latest PC Mag, which arrived today, reviews cameras in the
'super-zoom' category.Their Editor's Choice is the Oly 765, with the
Lumix DMC-FZ10 the runner-up. Looks like a really significant trade-off.

The Oly is about half the size and weight of the Panasonic, has slightly
higher subjective picture quality and will output TIFF files.

The Panasonic rewards big and heavy with image stabilization, and a
longer zoom with more speed at that long end. Sounds like the auto-focus
may be a bit flakey, too.

Tough choice.

I know there are some problems with their camera reveiws, but I'm not
sure they can be dismissed out of hand as bitheads who know nothing
about images. The last issue (June 8) has an all too brief article by
their camera reviewers entitled "More Than Just Megapixels.", which
shows a commendable focus on overall image quality and the factors
underlying it.

Moose