[OM] Re: Tamron lens (was...

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron lens (was...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:19:41 -0700
on 6/4/04 10:56 AM, Piers Hemy at piers@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> That was me.  The three models represent successive developments of what
> looks like the same lens.  Except that the first was white, the second black
> (?) and the third, green.  So in addition to any views you might have
> (absent any hard data) about the likely improvement in optical performance
> over time, you have the question of whether it will match the red
> rattlesnake skin covering on your OM-88!

Again, it takes a curmudgeon with a hardware-store history to point the way
here... just like epoxy, spray cans of Rustoleum are available at any
well-stocked hardware store. A little masking tape, shake well, spray and
dry and you have a nice low-reflection flat black Tamron, suitable for any
color Morgan Sparks leather you may have. Remember, black is the new black,
or gray, or brown, or something like that...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...