[OM] What's your favorite lens for...

Subject: [OM] What's your favorite lens for...
From: "Alienspecimen" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:02:01 -0400 (EDT)

...sunsets?
I just unpacked my pictures and looking through them, noticed that the best
sunset pix I have ever taken were with my Upsilon 135/2.8.
I remember how I took almost every picture and what strikes me is that with
this lens, I dont have to center on the sun so I would not get reflections,
something that never happened with any other lens I owned.  By reflections, I
mean the annoying loupe-like gathering of sunrays on your pictures in the
opposite side of where the sun is.
On the top of that, with some lenses (Vivitar 28-200, I know, I know...), I
have another problem:  reflection comes from the glass of the viewfinder and
somethimes is hard to distinguish which one is the reason for and you might not
necessarily record it, but see one...
I know that wideangles would be more prone to exhibit this effect, but I have
it bad with the forementioned Vivitar at 135mm when is nonexistent with the
Upsilon.
Yo know of any other lens that allows you to take sunset pix easier as mine
does?
Boris

This hath not offended the king.

Sir Thomas More (at his execution)