[OM] Re: The MA-1 does not exist...

Subject: [OM] Re: The MA-1 does not exist...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:07:42 -0600
At 01:29 PM 07/06/2004, Chris Barker wrote:

>I spoke, for the first time, to an Olympus dealer today.  He is at
>Campkins in Cambridge, on Rose Crescent.  I asked him how sales of the
>E-1 were going, "Up and down," he said.   He then gave the spiel about
>how good the digital lenses were ­ and needed to be to make the best
>use of the sensor's depth of receptors.  I accepted that, but I put to
>him that many OM users did not want to part with their Zuikos and they
>were getting good results from, for instance, their 90/2 lenses.
>
>He looked bemused; he said that the adaptor was not available and would
>never be...

Apropos what Skip Williams said; also, tell the dealer (if you ever see him
again) that there are already "MA-1"-style adapters from third parties such
as Kindai (IIRC).  Heh.  Poor guy.  Been listening to Oly propaganda from
their beleaguered marketing department.

And finally, let him know that the experience of most people who own an E-1
plus the MA-1 have been *encouraged* to buy the digital Zuikos as
complements to their existing OM-series Zuikos.  That alone should be
enough to encourage him to yell at the local Oly rep for awhile.  ;-)

Garth