[OM] OM2s with a dicky door

Subject: [OM] OM2s with a dicky door
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:57:21 +0100
Hi,

I've decided that I need to be able to spot meter and my current
unemployed state dictates that I sell the Minolta kit I was given (I
have not finished the first roll I put in it, no question which bag I
pick up when going out to take photos) to fund an OM2s purchase.
There's one come up on the UK ' bay which everyone is staying shy of
because the seller says in his description,

"The rear cover is slightly out of true alignment, so you just need to
lift it a little to close and open"

I mailed the guy to ask for a bit more detail and he has responded,

"I think it's the mouting of the door that may have slipped a little -
one the pictures I'm attaching should clarifiy things (see
olympus8.jpg). I'm not actually aware of it happening (I didn't drop
it), so maybe it's just a bit of slippage?

I've asked some more questions and asked for a photo of the hinge area
with the door open, but does this sound like it could be in any way
plausible? I have film in my 2n at the moment so can't take a look at
the door on that, but from memory I'm thinking that this could be a
relatively easy fix (maybe a new door from a donor camera). The seller
has only set the reserve at £40. If anyone's interested the auction
number's 3819613902.

Any views would be most welcome.

James