[OM] Re: Interesting OM outfit in Singapore

Subject: [OM] Re: Interesting OM outfit in Singapore
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:11:54 +0930
At 11:56 AM +0200 2004.05.29, Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
> >  > But... on the 3rd floor of the Funan building, in a shop specialized
>>>  in Mac-related computer stuff, an inside window containing a whole
>>>  lot of apparently pristine OM bodies and lenses, including an OM-4,
>>>  an OM4Ti, an OM-3, a 350/2.8, a 85/2, a 21/3.5, and others still.
>>>  Unfortunately they absolutely want to sell the whole thing as a lot,
>>>  impossible to make them budge from this position.

I was back in Singapore last week and went to shop in question.
In contrast to previous experience there, they were actually helpful
this time, and I bought an Olympus item -- a DSS-660 digital voice
recorder which is proving very helpful for the 12 hour a day sessions at the
conference I'm currently at in Honolulu. But in fact it's mostly for logging
OM photos ...

To the point.  I had a close look at the OM collection, which as Bernard
points out is generally in top condition. Lots of interesting things:

OM 4Ti   black
OM 3     black
OM 4     black

21/3.5
24/2.8
28/2
35/2
40/2
50/3.5
85/2
90/2
135/2.8
300/4.5
350/2.8

35-70/3.5

24 shift

tele macro tube

T28 twin macro
power control 1
T32

plus a few odd bits that I don't look closely at.

I forgot to ask about boxes cases etc -- trembling too much from handling
the 24 shift. That is a really nice piece of glass ...

It's definitely indivisible and up for sale at $S15000 which I think is
about $US8000. A bit high I think.

I might be back there briefly next Sunday so could make further enquiries
if anyone was really interested.

regards
  Andrew