[OM] Re: Zuiko for.... LTM!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko for.... LTM!!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:26:09 +1000

On 08/06/2004, at 9:17 AM, Richard F. Man wrote:

> In one of the antique'ish camera site, I found a Zuiko 40/2.8 in LTM
> (Leica
> Thread Mount)! I guess lots of people were making LTM lens in the 50s
> and
> 60s and Olympus was one of them. $900 though, even more expensive than
> the
> Zuiko 40/2 so I guess I will pass for the moment :-)

Yes, these turn up occasionally but they aren't common. More of a
collectors item but it does indicate that Oly had a long commitment to
the small forty. That is far too fierce a price - they usually go for
$5-600 I think and you'd want the viewfinder with it. Don't know about
quality though.
AndrewF
http://www.pbase.com/afildes