[OM] Re: OM2s with a dicky door

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2s with a dicky door
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:10:37 +0100
In my experience it is more likely the camera back is the problem rather
than the hinge.  As you have noticed, the hinge is pretty solid, and part of
the chassis of the camera.  The back is somewhat flexible, and it is not
unknown to have to flex the back slightly to get the latch to do its job.
But don't be tempted to adjust the latch claw on the camera back - it *will*
snap off, and you will *not* be be able to fix it back on.  No Walt, not
with duct tape, not even with epoxy!

The seller may well be on the right track when he says a donor back would do
the trick.  If you want one, I can point you in the right direction!

Piers