[OM] Carl Zeiss Jena Jenazoom II 75-300 f4.5-5.6

Subject: [OM] Carl Zeiss Jena Jenazoom II 75-300 f4.5-5.6
From: "Anthony Collins" <Liz.Tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:41:16 +0100
Marginally OT but does anyone have any knowledge of this lens? I just
acquired a m42 mount example for £10 from my local Oxfam shop. All I can
find is that it is Japanese made under license from Zeiss, possibly by Sigma
in the Eighties. All metal, solidly built one touch push pull design. Whilst
waiting for the adapter to fit to my ***** *10, I lashed up an extension
tube from a T2 mount to test its Macro capability. Sharpness seems good. I
would be interested to know where it fitted into the price/quality hierarchy
when new. Back copies of Amateur Photographer anyone? On Topic Content: Was
it ever made in OM fitting? I have seen a similar 28-200?? lens for a
Minolta
Tony Collins