[OM] Re: Glue for sticking rubber focus rings on

Subject: [OM] Re: Glue for sticking rubber focus rings on
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:17:19 +0100
For tha camera back, I don't have a brand name to suggest Dan, but a piece
of generic advice. Don't go for a glue which you can't get off again later
(when you want to replace the rattlesnake skin with black-mamba?).  Sounds
to me like a rubber-based contact cement/impact adhesive as a second best to
double sided carpet tape (which is likely the closest you can get to the
original adhesive).

The bitter experience on which this advice is based?  I have an M15v NiCad
pack which needs attention to the timing switch.  Careful inspection shows
that the plate covering the securing screw has already been removed (which
accounts for it holding its charge - it had a re-build).  Sadly, the
re-builder did not replace with the same adhesive as the original, and it
didn't occur to him it would ever need to be removed again (if only he had
adjusted that timing switch properly!).  So he used what looks like epoxy.
I haven't found a solvent that will touch it.

Piers