[OM] (OT) On batteries for Gossen Lunasix 3

Subject: [OM] (OT) On batteries for Gossen Lunasix 3
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:24:34 -0300
Hi all,

Not a completely OT topic :-)
You might all know this meter works with Hg+ batteries, two of them. Its
last pair were Varta V625PX.
There are Silver Oxide adapters available at B&H for USD 20, but they are a
little far from home.
Yesterday, I saw 1.5V Alkalines and asked if two of them would make the
meter live again. He told me yes, he checked the meter with a pair of these
Alkalines, maybe not completely fresh, and said it was working ok except on
the lowest EV values (which could not be attributable to a higher
voltage...).
¿What should I expect from using these batteries?
Sorry to bother everyone with a question that was vastly discussed a while
ago regarding the OM1...

Thanks,

/F.