[OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into

Subject: [OM] Re: sensible course of action for getting print films into computer
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:51:25 +0100 (BST)

> A very tardy reply, but I would be a bit wary of the Jessops scanner.  I
> had a Primefilm 1800 very briefly, and it was truly awful - couldn't
> cope with well-exposed slide film at all, giving horribly noisy results
> in the shadow areas.  Sorry if this advice is too late!

Thanks for the email, I brought the Minolta dual scan IV - I could not
justify the expensive of the Minolta 5400. I was warned by the sales
person at Jessops to avoid the jessops scanners!

I have been fighting to get what I call acceptable results from the dual
scan IV but then the only films I have put through it are fuji print films
(200 and 400 asa) which it does not have a colour profile for.
I am now going to try 100 asa print and slide and see what the result is.

Regards
James